These meatballs are packed with protein and flavor! I like to serve them over roasted spaghetti squash with a simple organic tomato and basil sauce.
Here is my recipe: Enjoy!
Grass-fed Beef & Quinoa Meatballs with “Spaghetti”:
Preheat oven to 350
2/3 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
1 # ground grass-fed beef
1 pasture raised egg
3 tsp. coconut oil
¼ cup ¼ “diced sweet onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup finely chopped kale, de-stemmed
A pinch crushed red chile
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
½ tsp. fennel seed
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook and cool ½ cup of quinoa to 1 cup water, a tsp. of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 2-3 tsp.’s coconut oil
- Saute’ onion until translucent, add garlic and sauté fragrant, add chopped kale, a pinch of crushed chile.
- Season with salt to taste. Let cool.
- Mix: grass-fed beef, 2/3 cup cooked quinoa, egg, and kale sauté with remaining ingredients.
- Form into 11/2“ balls and place on parchment on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
*TIP: I usually test the mixture before rolling into balls by heating up a little oil in a pan and breaking off a small piece and flatten into a small patty. Cook it to taste if there is enough seasoning.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash:
1/2 & seed squash
Bake at 400 for 30-45 minutes.
Fork out flesh, toss with a drizzle of olive oil and season with S & P.
Add your favorite tomato sauce.
I simply saute’ garlic in olive oil and add an organic tomato puree with a handful of fresh basil and season with salt to taste.